05.11.09 Website Developer, MANCHESTER - NOISEfestival.com
The NOISE Festival Charity launches its third biennial showcase of new creative talent in 2010. NOISEfestival.com currently has over 7,200 registered users and approximately 14,000 pieces of artwork showcased online. The current website was first developed in 2005, for the 2010 Festival the website will be designed and built from scratch using the existing database.
NOISE Festival is looking for a Web Developer with experience of building content management systems based on PHP and SQL to develop and co-manage a new NOISEfestival.com website with the NOISE Web Content Manager. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about current web development, including web 2.0, social networking and rich internet application development and e-commerce.
You will need to work from initial design concepts, workflows and mock ups to develop and build a finished site. The current site is built using the Joomla Content Management System with a number of custom PHP modules. A knowledge of current content management systems, PHP and SQL databases is essential. A familiarity of Linux servers would be beneficial.
You will need to be able work to deadlines and independently when necessary. The role will also see you offer technical solutions to queries and problems when required.
As ‘NOISE Website Developer’ you will work closely with the NOISE Web Content Manager, the NOISE Executive Producer and Operations Manager.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Experience of working with current content management systems including ‘Joomla’
• Practice in the development of finished sites from site-maps and mock ups
• An interest in current social networking trends, tools and applications across the web
• Experience of developing and working with third party widgets, applications and APIs
• A knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
• An understanding of website statistics and Google Analytics and the ability to apply this information to the redevelopment of the website
• Experience of developing E-Commerce sites
Essential skills: PHP, CSS, SQL, HTML, Joomla,
apply via www.NOISEfestival.com/jobs
Contact email: email@example.com
TOP OF PAGE